Category Archives: Clouds
Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
Thomas Ken, 1695 (words)
Genevan Psalter, 1551 (music)
alternate title: Old 100th
We took this one on a June morning this year. In Oklahoma, we called that a squall line. I looked it up on several weather sites, and the official definition is a little different.
At any rate, it’s a little unnerving to see the sky look like that at 10:00 a.m. But, as bad as it looked, it only brought rain and a short thunderstorm.
Also, in June but on a different day. This was a very rainy year for north Texas.
Merriam Webster defines Persecution as –
1: the act or practice of persecuting especially those who differ in origin, religion, or social outlook
2: the condition of being persecuted, harassed, or annoyed
This is no longer the same country that the Pilgrims came to seeking religious freedom. It isn’t even the same country in which I was born.
I am not saying that the harassment in America is analogous to what Christians in North Korea or virtually any country in the Middle East (and several in the Far East) suffer. We know the difference between full blown persecution and what’s happening to Believers in the United States. They live under life threatening persecution. We are being harassed and annoyed. But it is stepping up quickly and now involves government prosecution.
I pray that it doesn’t get worse, but we would be foolish not to have our lamps trimmed.
1. If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, now may Israel say;
2. If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
3. Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
4. Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
5. Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
6. Blessed be the Lord, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
7. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
8. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.