First the caveat: Please, please do not put a real tea light in these. They’ll catch on fire in a New York minute.
Found the pattern and instructions here on Just Something I Made. These are the easiest ones I’ve made; they go together very quickly, although I didn’t go to as much trouble as Cathe did. No bottoms in mine and I didn’t cut the windows, etc.
Mine aren’t Halloween houses; of course, the pattern can be modified many ways. Instead of using decorative paper, I mostly used stiff magazine pages with large areas of graphics. The gold colored house was a Godiva chocolates ad.
To make the chimney, I folded another piece of paper into a square, using a glue stick to affix the edges. Then I folded it in half, opened it back up, cut little slits in the bottom, folded the little cut strips down and glued it onto the roof. The smoke was made by glue-sticking two pieces together, cutting them into a curved shape, then gluing it down into the chimney.
At Just Something I Made, she cut the windows, but since I didn’t want the haunted house look and didn’t want to figure out my own pattern for regular windows, I just cut little squares of paper and glued them onto the sides.
The front door is just snipped up, then across.
Next I think I’ll try enlarging the pattern about 35% and making a little village, altering roof lines, putting on a little gingerbread trim, etc.