I wanted to show a few of the updated pages from the Autumn altered book I began last year.
Go here for the original post.
Part II, here.
Not a huge amount of progress, but some.
Maybe next year…
For this project I’m using a Country Living Halloween book. It has lots of fall colors and pumpkins and things.
First I tore out a lot of pages. It was hard for me to do this step when I started making altered books, but the simple fact is that after all the embellishments are added, the book will be too thick and just wont’ close. Sometimes that may be the desired goal, but not this time.
The pages on the inside cover are orange with lighter spots of cats and jack-o-lanterns. Since this isn’t a Halloween book, I covered the pages by stamping a leaf pattern all over it.
The picture below shows the unstamped page (on the left) and then the stamped look (on the right).
Next, I use a glue stick to affix the pumpkins onto a piece of book page, then placed it onto the lower left-hand corner. The piece of book page had been used as a base when I was spraying glimmer mist onto something else. It left an interesting pattern and looked just right for the pumpkins. They were clipped from a Mary Englbreit Home Companion magazine.
This page featured instructions for making a Halloween scrapbook. I covered the felt cut-outs with a stamped image of old-fashioned ink pens. The background paper was from the time my sister (Fran) taught me how to use alcohol inks. The pens just seemed to complement the idea of the scrapbook.
It probably won’t be completed this year because I’ve learned that after putting something away for awhile, fresh ideas will come when I pick it back up at a later time.
Tomorrow I’ll post more photos of it.
Next, I took